New statement of intent


My production will be a coming of age drama, and will feature a main protagonist who has worked hard for what he has and is faced with a last chance to give all up or lose his life what we he do?

With my production I intend to use over three locations when filming my first will be in the local area around where I live (Northolt), my second will be an estate and my last being Northolt hills with many more locations that could feature in between the reason I have chosen Northolt hills as my final location is because as the sun is setting and it begins to get dark the hills become a playground for ideas and I will get to mess around with my scenes and get the final ending I want. These locations will be relevant to my production and the audience should be able to identify as most of my viewers will be from the background of C2DE which will allow them to have a gain a sense of personal identity (Blumler & Katz) from my production if not then they will be able to get a sense of surveillance being on the outside looking in.

I will also be using a wide range of camera shots for example an aerial shot (Establishing shot), Arc shot, medium shot, long shot, pan, and a flashback, with all these shots I intend to establish my setting quickly and get back to the story without too much focus being brought to the surrounding area this will be further emphasised through my editing , the use of a pan shot or aerial shot for example would give the viewers a quick glimpse of the setting allowing them to gain a understanding of what might happen next but without giving too much away and keeping them engaged. Another key aspect of my production will be the music I use within my trailers and the final product, the use of urban music as both non diegetic and diegetic sound will help create the authenticity of my production.
Within my production there will be a main protagonist that will be clearly identified by only using camera angles and dialogue. The plot will contain flashbacks which will lead up to the present day so the viewers understand how the protagonist has come to be.
I will be using a wide range of props to deepen the authenticity of my product for example: clothes, weapons these will be used by both the protagonist and other characters throughout my production. These will all be used to create links between the narrative and the characters they will also be used to help give further detail tom the setting and the background of each character, with the use of both natural and non-natural light I will hopefully also bring more depth to my settings as I will only be filming in certain areas at certain times to better the story and add to suspense.  I will also be using the font and graphics I feel best fit a production of this genre as I hope to engage the audience from early on within my trailers and final product.

finally in my production I will be both subverting and reinforcing certain stereotypes with my trailers mainly reinforcing them and the final production will contain a mixture of both as people will be able to see that not everyone fits into these stereotypes. I will also be using my posters to help interest a potential audience by setting a tone to my film and letting them get a feel for what my production will be about

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Music Video: Michael Jackson - Billie Jean

Postmodernism & Deutschland 83: blog task

Film Industry: Chicken case study research